Civil Union Partners Permitted to Jointly FIle 2011 Illinois State Income Taxes

The Illinois Department of Revenue issued a statement that Illinois couples who entered into civil unions under 750 ILCS 75/1 et seq. will be able to jointly file their 2011 state income tax returns.

Tax Implications of converting from a C-Corporation to an S-Corporation

When converting a C-Corporation to an S-Corporation there are many issues that must be accounted for and taken into consideration prior to making the election.